Your privacy is important to Teknique. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Teknique collects, and the ways in which Teknique uses that personal information.
Teknique Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
- We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorized this or the information is publicly available.
- If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
Disclosing your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- [another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data center that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymized statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorized by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorized by you.]
[A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.]
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorized activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by post to: PO Box 300622, Albany 0632, Auckland, New Zealand